Rewrites are always encouraged and necessary, but sometimes they’re also actually assigned and required. A05 is an assigned rewrite, with its own assignment number. You will create a new post for it in the A05: Visual Rewrite category.
Grade for this Assignment
Your provisional grade for A02, if you received one, will be expunged. You will receive a permanent grade for A05, which will fall into the Non-Portfolio category and never change. This is your one chance to improve that grade.
In the Portfolio
Of course, you will also enter a Visual Argument into your Portfolio at the end of the semester. At that time, you will have another opportunity to improve your work, presumably with skills you have acquired during the semester. While the final Visual Argument will not receive a separate grade of its own, it will contribute its wonderfulness to the rest of your Portfolio, which will receive one massive grade of real consequence.
The left-behind grade for A05, part of the smaller and less consequential Non-Portfolio grade, will nuance your end-of-semester course grade at best.
- Ask for feedback if you want it and haven’t received it.
- By all means read the comments I have left for your colleagues and of course review the Assignment itself for models and instructions you may have missed on the first draft.
- Above all, this is a VISUAL ANALYSIS assignment. If your readers cannot easily visualize the scenes you’re describing, revise your post until they can.
- As before, you may structure your analysis any way you wish, provided it critiques the quality of the visual argument.
- Include a Works Cited if you quote or cite sources.
- Title your post Visual Rewrite—Username (don’t use A04 in your title).
- Publish your definition essay in the A04: Visual Rewrite category.
- DEADLINE: Noon Tuesday as always (11:59 am WED OCT 06)
- Customary late penalties. (Late less than 24 hours 10%) (24-48 hours 20%) (48+ hours, 0 grade)
- Non-Portfolio Grade