1. Coats wasn’t fired because he was using a legal drug, marijuana, for a legitimate purpose for which he had a prescription. He was fired for violating workplace policy.
Coats was fired for violating workplace policy, not for his legal use of the drug marijuana, for which he had a prescription.
2. An employer isn’t able to fire a person who has anxiety because they are taking the correct medication to deal with the issue.
A person taking the correct medication to help their anxiety will be exempt from being fired by their employer.
3. Employees don’t get fired for going out and having a few beers after work because alcohol is legal, but in Colorado so is marijuana.
Employees can go out and have a few beers after work because alcohol and marijuana are legal in Colorado.
4. Coats shouldn’t have been fired because he was trying to treat the pain he endured on a daily basis.
Coats should still have his job because he was just treating his daily pain.
5. It’s not fair to discriminate against him because he was able to ease the pain of his multiple spasms by using marijuana.
Coats should be safe to ease his painful multiple spasms using marijuana.
6. Coats wasn’t harming anyone at his job because he was smoking marijuana but he was doing so on his own time and not at work.
Everyone at his job was safe because Coats was smoking marijuana on his own time.
7. Omar Gonzalez didn’t penetrate deep into the White House because of the swift actions of Secret Service agents.
The swift actions of Secret Service agents prevented Omar Gonzalez from going farther into the White House.
8. The Secret Service isn’t being compelled to explain its actions because of the way it responded to the breach of the White House, but how the breach occurred is under question.
The Secret Service is being questioned on how the breach of the White House occurred, not how it was handled.
9. Secret Service chief Julia Pierson won’t be fired because of her testimony before Congress yesterday. Her incompetence might cost her her job though.
Secret Service Chief Julia Pierson could be fired due to her incompetence, not because of her testimony before Congress yesterday.
10. Secret Service agents didn’t use deadly force against the intruder because he was carrying a knife with a 4-inch blade.
The intruder carried a knife with a 4-inch blade, so Secret Service agents used mild force against the intruder.