08 Class TUE SEP 28
Task (Second Posting)
1000-word essay, “Stone Money”
By Midnight WED SEP 29, you’ll write your first 1000-word essay based on the 1-hour NPR broadcast, “The Invention of Money,” Milton Friedman’s essay, “The Island of Stone Money,” and auxiliary materials for which links have been provided.
Other resources that will prepare you for the Stone Money assignment are found on the blog at these links:
This post contains lecture material, demonstrations of the “Cows and Chips” technique in action, examples of advice I have given other student authors for enlivening their posts with livestock, and the details of a simple exercise.
- This post is a graphic demonstration of an essay that fails in every way to capitalize on the power of illustration, anecdote, and the persuasive appeal of visual, auditory, and other sensory details.
- Includes an Exercise to be completed whenever you access this resource.
- Non-Portfolio Essay on the Stone Money topic.
- Find the assignment at: Stone Money
- DUE before midnight WED SEP 29
- Give your essay a Title
- Incorporate the lesson of Purposeful Summary
- Use Informal In-Text Citation and References Page (APA style)
DEADLINE: MON OCT 04, 11:59PM
The non-Portfolio PTSD Claims Task is a critical reading exercise of an assigned reading. It is designed to take less than two hours to complete and has a one-week deadline. The first part of the assignment is to read or listen to the article “Is PTSD Contagious?” The second part is to spend ONE HOUR selecting very short excerpts from the article and identifying the claims it contains.
Your claims analysis will be due before class on TUE OCT 05.