- Dr. William R. Lile. “A Patient Is a Person, No Matter How Small.” Family Talk, 31 Mar. 2021, https://www.drjamesdobson.org/blogs/dr-william-r-lile-do-facog/patient-person-no-matter-how-small
Background: This article is an article written by a doctor that displays his opinion that life begins at conception. It is an opinion article and discusses how the doctor treated unborn children as patients because they share DNA with their parents.
How I used it: I used this in my rebuttal argument to display the side of the argument that I was arguing against. This article displays the pro life argument that I attempt to argue against in my paper.
- “Pregnancy Resulting from Rape.” https://www.jognn.org/article/S0884-2175(15)33527-9/fulltext.
Background: This article discusses the data about pregnancies that result from rape. The article talks about how pregnancy as a result of violence is not explored. In abusive relationships women’s autonomy is violated.
How I used it: I cited this source in my rebuttal argument that advocates for abortion. I advocate that pregnancies that result from rape should have the option of aboritons. I show how many women can not control getting pregnant from being rape and should be allowed to have control over their bodies and pregnancies.
- Talbot, Margaret, and Eliza Griswold. “The Study That Debunks Most Anti-Abortion Arguments.” The New Yorker, 7 July 2020, https://www.newyorker.com/books/under-review/the-study-that-debunks-most-anti-abortion-arguments.
Background: This article talks about a long term study about women who are contemplating abortion. Some of the women follow through with an abortion and some of them chose to continue their pregnancy. The study measured the women’s feelings twice a year for five years. All of the women in the study were seeking abortions.
How I used it: I used this article by advocating for abortions to be used based on the findings in the study that is discussed in the article. I made an argument against the ban of abortions with this article by using the findings.
- “Understanding Pregnancy Resulting from Rape in the United States |Violence Prevention|injury Center|CDC.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 1 June 2020, https://www.cdc.gov/violenceprevention/sexualviolence/understanding-RRP-inUS.html.
Background: This article shows the facts behind pregnancy that results from rape. It discusses the short term and long term data of being raped and the pregnacy that could happen from rape.
How I used it: I used this article in my rebuttal argument to show that rape is a serious problem. The pregnancy that results from rape is a problem and abortion can help offer a solution. Abortion should be allowed as an option becuase of the seriousness of becoming pregnant as a result of rape.
- “Access to Contraception.” ACOG, https://www.acog.org/clinical/clinical-guidance/committee-opinion/articles/2015/01/access-to-contraception.
Background: This article shows that there are many barriers for women to access contraceptives to prevent pregnancy. It discusses some solutions that people should implement to increase abortion access. It also breaks down the barriers for women to receive contraceptives. This article shows that unintended pregnancy is a result of no access to contraception.
How I used it: I used this article extensively throughout my essay to define the reason for unintended pregnancy. Showing that unintended pregnancies happen because of the many reasons women do not have access to contraceptives.
- “Clinicalkey.” ClinicalKey, https://www.clinicalkey.com/#!/content/playContent/1-s2.0-S1521693410000180?scrollTo=%23hl0000072.
Background: This article discuss safe abotion and unsafe abortion. The article talks about why women have unintended pregnancies
How I used it: I used a lot of material from this article to define abortion. I also used the material to show how there are barriers to women for contraceptives.
- Haddad, Lisa B, and Nawal M Nour. “Unsafe Abortion: Unnecessary Maternal Mortality.” Reviews in Obstetrics & Gynecology, MedReviews, LLC, 2009, https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2709326/.
Background: This article shows that there are many women hospiltaized from unsafe abortions.
How I used it: I used this to show that unsafe abortions are a problem and need to be resolved by having abortions be safe for women.
- “Insurance Coverage of Contraceptives.” Guttmacher Institute, 10 Nov. 2021, https://www.guttmacher.org/state-policy/explore/insurance-coverage-contraceptives#.
Background: This article talks about how insurance coverage of contraceptives does not meet the demand for them. There are many limitations on insurance that do not cover contraceptives.
How I used it: I used this article to point out that there are limitations from insurance companies that create another barrier for women to access contraceptives.
- Lawrence B. Finer Lori F. Frohwirth, et al. “Reasons U.S. Women Have Abortions: Quantitative and Qualitative Perspectives.” Guttmacher Institute, 3 Feb. 2020, https://www.guttmacher.org/journals/psrh/2005/reasons-us-women-have-abortions-quantitative-and-qualitative-perspectives.
Background: This article discusses the reasons why women have abortions. It shows where a woman’s mind is at when she wants to terminate her pregnancy. It analyzes data and talks about the outside factors that contribute to having an abortion.
How I used it: I used this article to show a woman’s perspective on having an abortion. I showed how there many factors that influence a woman to have an abortion.
- “Preventing Unsafe Abortion.” World Health Organization, World Health Organization, https://www.who.int/news-room/fact-sheets/detail/preventing-unsafe-abortion.
Background: This article discusses what abortion is and how big the problem is. It shows the consequences of not having abortion care. It shows what could happen if abortion care is expanded.
How I used it: I used this article in my definition argument to show what abortion is and how not being able to have acess to abortion may be a problem.
- “Unintended Pregnancy.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 28 June 2021, https://www.cdc.gov/reproductivehealth/contraception/unintendedpregnancy/index.htm
Background: This article discusses how unintended pregnancy happens. It talks about what the CDC aims to do to help prevent unintended pregnancies.
How I used it: I used this article to show the reasons why unintended pregnancy happens and what solutions to implement to prevent unintended pregnancy.
- World Health Organization. (n.d.). Preventing unsafe abortion. World Health Organization. Retrieved October 10, 2021, from https://www.who.int/news-room/fact-sheets/detail/preventing-unsafe-abortion
Background: This article talks about unsafe abortions and how to prevent them from happening.
How I used it: I used this to show that unsafe abortions are risky and should be taken seriously. I used the reasons stated in this article to help prevent unsafe abortions from happening