13 Class THU OCT 14
The Professional Version
- The “Protected Class” Model
- The editors of the New York Times defines a crucial constitutional term: protected class that deserves heightened scrutiny.
- Includes a brief Take-Home Exercise
- In preparation for class on THU OCT 14, study the Protected Class post.
The Visual Rhetoric Unit
A Portfolio Assignment
Visual Rhetoric (and the Visual Rhetoric Rewrite)
- For the next several weeks, you’ll be assigned a Portfolio Task every week.
- Your first Portfolio assignment was your Definition/Categorical argument.
- The next (and the only one not directly connected to your Research Position Paper) is the Visual Rhetoric Analysis.
- You’ll receive provisional analysis of your first draft, then post a Visual Rhetoric Rewrite, which you’ll add to your Portfolio at the end of the semester.
Visual Analysis of a Static Image
- To get warmed up to the idea of Visual Analysis, let’s start with a static image before moving on to motion pictures.
- Visual Rhetoric, Static Image
Visual Analysis of One Second of Video
- Portfolio Assignment Definition/Categorical Argument
- DUE THU OCT 21 (11:59pm WED OCT 20)